This is interesting to me.  I have had problems with
my firebox/SDR setup on CW for all software versions
after 1.4 preview 16.  After that time I would get
something that sounded like a square wave and would
drive my PA to between 130 and 145 watts.  This would
happen intermittently, like ever 10th time I would go
from RX to TX.  Sometimes it would occur a couple
times in a row and sometimes not for many
transmissions.  I think what ever is going on here is
related to this issue.  Was the "hard clipper" imp
lamented after pre 16?  Pre 16 is rock solid and does
not show this behavior.

73  W9OY