-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of N3EVL
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:21 AM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] FYI: Xmit audio problem and resolution

Just wanted to report an xmit audio problem and its resolution so that
others with similar problems might possibly benefit.

Initially my audio reports were terrible.  Admittedly, I was not using a
classy mic but even so I was expecting better.  I spent some time on the air
and on the phone with W2IHY and after tweaking some of the settings in the
Delta44 mixer panel I was able to get the correct audio bandwidth - it
appeared to be inexplicably constrained until we checked mute on the non-mic
items - still not sure why this made a difference, but it did (Eric - any
comments welcome here).

However, I was left with a low freq component that was present with the mic
plugged in whether speaking or not.  Julius guessed this was a ground loop.
Today I disassembled everything and added a ground to the computer chassis
and voila - problem solved.  Just made a few QSOs on 17m and got nice audio
reports and even heard a recording of myself to prove it!

Many thanks to Julius, W2IHY for working with me on this.  Great radio,
great support.

73, Pete, N3EVL