As the duck in Babe got told "That is just the way things are". Of
course he had a different opinion on the subject.

One distribution has to be chosen as the supported distribution. Not
everybody will be happy no matter which one you choose. Not that it
matters much but I installed Ubuntu in three separate and totally
different PC's and I didn't have one lick of trouble with any of
them, so as far as choosing a distro that the non-Linux expert can
install Ubuntu is a good choice. The Synaptic Program Manager is a
great tool, very easy to use.

Installing and compiling DTTSP is my next goal.

See yah in the funny papers.