As someone who tried Mandrake 9 some years ago and gave it away as just too much hassle to do the things that windows does for you without thinking about it, why is there such a demand for Linux based systems for PowerSDR . Not wishing to open a can of worms but I fail to see why people try to make things more complicated rather than taking the easy way that is readily available. Perhaps I'm just lazy, well I know I am, but can someone explain why Linux is a better way to go to run my radio with PowerSDR. I understand Linux has so much to offer in general and of course is free, but in the PowerSDR context ONLY, what does it have that makes it worth learning to use? 90% of the messages that refer to Linux might just as well have been written in Swahili !!, using the apt get gui tool for example.
I'd really be interested to hear the answer and off forum would be fine.
I retain an open mind, have absolutely nothing against linux and would happily convert if shown the reasons.
tnx & 73
Keith VK6XH

--
Keith Bainbridge