Jeff,

I think your console is superb. It is easy to use and is well engineered, especially from the human interface standpoint. It is my default console at this point. Considering that you are a hardware engineer, you have come a long way in the software field.

You have indicated that you desire feedback on the operation. When you try to type a frequency in directly, an unhandled exception is generated with the following details:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count
  at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
  at PowerSDR.Console.set_UpdateVFOAFreq(String value)
  at PowerSDR.Console.Console_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

By the way...one suggestion, if you think it is worthwhile, would be to provide a means to get back to a given profile after transferring the receive filter to the transmit filter. Also, the new transmit filter maybe should be indicated in the setup tab after transferring it.

Keep up the good work...you are doing a fine job!!

73     Tom   W0IVJ

Jeff Anderson wrote:

I've received some great suggestions regarding Console features.  I've been
picking the low-hanging fruit and have implemented those.  (Some of the other
suggestions I'd love to also implement, but...nout sure if I yet know how).
Anyway...I've just placed on www.hamsdr.com a PowerSDR.exe file (dated 23 April 06) with the following new features:
     Fixed a bug which caused the Snap Line to not appear unless you first
changed its color in the Setup menu.
Front Panel RF Slider (and the RF up/down control) now also controls the FIXED RF gain level when"fixd" AGC is selected. In the Display, the labels for the Vertical Grid can be set to show their actual frequencies (rather than the offset from the vfo), and, in this mode, the grid can either remain static, or it can move as you tune. Go to Setup->Appearances. The Band Edges are identified (and their color can be set). Go to Setup->Appearances. TX Filter Limits (when "show filter" is checked) now move with XIT and when SPLIT is selected. The cursor when in VFO B mode can have a different color than the normal color. Go to Setup->Appearances. The three Least Significant Digits of both VFO A and VFO B are now a different size from the other digits. Before installing this new .exe file, you should already have the 19 April 06 version up and running. Then just replace the 19 Apr 06 version of PowerSDR.exe with this latest (23 Apr 06) version. Let me know if you find any bugs! 73, - Jeff, WA6AHL