Brian,

Same story here.  Mine was delivered last Thurs.  couldn't be happier. I
have mine TX and into an AL-1500 with legal limit ++, no problems.

Of course, I have quite a few newbie type questions, so I have been pushing
for a "knowledge base" (searchaable pipermail archive), or ortherwise I
guess I will spend some time on the phone with John at Flex  next week if I
can not scratch out all the answers on my own.

> functionality is really something.  The Flex guys did a great job in
covering
> everything on how to get things set up.

One thing though, before you put it in TX, and even more so if you run
power.  FIRST run a common ground bus around your shack, and bond everything
to it. I have had for years in this shack,  a 3/8" copper pipe (you can use
refigeration plumbers tubing if you want.  very inexpensive at your local
Home Depot for a 50' roll) running around the perimiter of the room then
outside to one 10' copper grounding rod sunk into the earth. I take jumpers
of 12 guage copper off it whereever I need for any new piece of equipment
that I move into the shack. The Flex was no exception. The computers that
run your Flex setup, the amp, tuners, mic preamp and mixing board, just
EVERYTHING should be bonded to a common one point ground.

I noted in Flex's Fast HookUp Cheat Sheet that came in the box from the
factory with the radio, that they never mentioned what the purpose of that
little binding post on the back panel was for (the one labeled GROUND), or
instructed that the new user hook it up as part of his/her 1-2-3-GO/Turn On
The Power.

73s  -Dan