FWIW Guy

The current crop of AM broacast transmitters all use PWM in the digital domain
to drive all solid state finals. I unloaded a new 6 Kw transmitter off the
freight truck all by my lonesome with a 2 wheel dolly. Of course the plug in
output modules and the plate pig (OK Drain pig) were in seperate boxes that I
unloaded seperatly. "It ain't natural I tell you"!

Bill AD5OL

>>> "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/29/06 08:27PM >>>
Whether or not they achieve the patent may be problematic, but likely

2) The most common form of AM transmission is plate modulation of the
final stage, which is running class C at efficiencies near 75%. The
new method would require linear amplifiers of a greater power range,
running at lower efficiency (raising power bills), and much larger
tubes to accomplish it.