Tim,

This sounds like interference coming from the 12 V to +/-15 V DC to DC
converter (NMA1215S) on the PIO board. I have added some extra
filtering, but still sometimes can see and hear it wandering across
the panadapter window at a level -155 dBm. Naturally, that low level
can be seen only without antenna connected to the SDR-1000. In the
normal listening it disappears under the noise coming from the
antenna.

73, Ahti OH2RZ