>From G3PLX:

Alberto:
Thanks for your answer (and pleased to meet you here).  I have not heard of
'WMME' so that's another new word I must throw at Google and learn more.
However, if it IS just an extension of the old mmsystem API, then maybe it
still suffers from the terrible latency/synchronisation problems.  I may not
want to go that route.  ASIO seems much better in this respect. I could even
write AMTOR for an ASIO-based soundcard now!

With the Firebox the only way I can find to switch samplerates (and switch
the 12dB input boost amplifiers) is via the supplied Control Panel applet. I
would have expected to see a way to do this via the ASIO API. The API does
have a 'ASIOSetSampleRate' function but it only succeeds if the Control
Panel has already set the samplerate I ask for, which seems a bit crazy, so
maybe I am doing something wrong.

Can anyone tell me if, in the PowerSDR package, the end user who is
installing a Firebox is forced to set it up with the Firebox Control Panel,
or if PowerSDR knows how to do it itself?  If it can be done without the
Firebox control panel, then there's hope still. I didn't get any reply from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

73
Peter