Jack said:

>If the cable isn't to blame and this is DDS tuning - as Eric seems to
>suggest - then perhaps Peter's comments on linear tuning of the
>AD9854 hold an answer. But if DDS tuning is the cause, why is it
>frequency dependent?

DDS tuning clicks should ONLY occur if there's a big signal nearby. If you
do have big birdies on the higher bands (I get them every 1MHz, from other
things in the shack), then you may get these clicks worse because of this,
especially if the noise level is lower. Try injecting a strong signal lower
down the band where you don't normally hear the clicks, and see if the
clicks then appear near that.

I only just thought of the linear sweep idea. Maybe someone like Eric or Bob
might follow it up. Only they could say if it would be easy to do in the
supplied software. I have used the linear sweep feature of the AD9854
myself, for following Chirpsounders up the spectrum at 100kHz/sec, but not
for tuning steps.

73
Peter