Dave and I completely agree on this.   There are practically no rigs (go
check the ARRL reviews) which have preamps/front ends which which
provide MDS of the type needed for six meters which also exhibit a
seriously positive IP3 and > 80 dB dynamic range.  I use these numbers
on purpose.   With a ~20 dB gain, low NF preamp,  this receive SYSTEM
will have a great MDS,  +10 dBm IP3, and > 80 dB dynamic range.  The
filters, linearity, etc.  are awesome.  Steve Costro of Down East
Microwave basically could not operate six meters at his home until he
got the SDR-1000 with its noise blanker and filtering system.  He now
operates a nearly full power station at home with the SDR-1000.    I
like using the DEMI transverters for 6 through 903 especially because of
their high level mixers.  Coupled with the SDR-1000, this is makes for
an awesome VHF+ radio.  Mike King, KM0T, is really doing some great
stuff  there and I suggest people visit Mike's web site.

http://www.km0t.com/

For those in the US,  have a safe Memorial Day weekend.  My last child
graduates from high school this weekend so it is big doings around here.

73's
Bob