Bob,

I switched to pyhw.  I do hear something that sounds like cycling.

I played a wav file (ssb.wav from flex-radio) with xmms feeding qjackctl
and then jsdr.
(On jack I connected alsa-pcm --> sdr-xxxx  &   sdr-xxxx --> alsa-pcm.)

I then started my sdr-1000 and shut down xmms.   I also started python and
cmdr.

On pyhw I executed.
execfile("sdr1k-setup.py")     (with setDDSFreq(0.810)

On cmdr I executed.
setRXOn 0
setSampleRate 48000      (I am using a SB MP3+ USB soundcard)
setOsc 0
setFilter -3000 3000
setMode AM

I didn't hear anything interesting - just something that could be described
as cycling at about 1 Hz.

Seems like I should have to do something with the qjackctl patch panel to
connect up to the sdr-1000.   When I used it with the sdr-1000 it was set
up the same as I had it with xmms.

I know I should just wait for the new code but this seems soooo close to
working.

Thanks,

Everett, KG6RYB