Let me add that it is pretty hard to beat these things as a receive
system in combination with the SDR-1000.  Steve uses high livel mixers
with good IP3's.  I like the 0 dB gain models and then I put what NF and
gain I want in front of it depending on my application.  After you add
enough gain to make a fractional dB noise figure front end (say EME
style),  you still have a positive system input IP3.  This is important
in areas where you have strong signals such as all over the northeast or
the signal of the ham neighbor down the street you have to talk to.

Bob

--
Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.
Center for Communications Research