Dave,

Some computers (especially laptops) map the + and - keys differently.  We
use the Numpad +/- keys on a 104-key keyboard and the laptop may be using
the ones that are usually by the backspace key.  If you can, try the other
set of keys.  If you only have one, then we may need to change that key to
something else (or make it selectable).

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems