This Click 'n' Drag mode will give you the clearest possible reason why
spur reduction is much more than spur reduction.  Turn it off and
click_n_drag and then turn spur reduction back on.  Amazing.   Thanks to
a former traveling companion to Frank and I (Joe Romanowski)  for
suggesting this.  He wanted a slider but this is neater.

We made major strides on CW and VAC latency.  This is primarily due to
Eric's  persistent questioning and patient insistence on explanation for
why things were done after testing showed they were a contributing
factor to the latency.   In the end,  we figured out that we had done
stuff that was a band-aid to a condition we had long since repaired but
had failed to remove the detritus left behind.  The response of the
radio to keyer closures at 98000 samples per second and 512 sample audio
buffers (make sure your DMA is not more than 512) is just plain
awesome.   We also almost completely defeated the "semi breakin
crowding" that happens when you let the semi break in drop back to
receive and then hit the key.  I cannot make that problem occur here at
all.  Frank's wonderful keyer heart is now showing its true colors at last.

In both the CW and VAC cases,  I was putting in completely unnecessary
stuffing that addressed a nonexistent need.  In three days work we
removed almost 100 msec of latency in the worst case and reduced the
best case to almost half!

Bob