Sure Cecil, here's my opinion.

First of all, it it NOT for hamming on 2 Meters.
It is not very sensitive, only covers 144 to 146 MHz,
and only has 100 mWatts of output.  You would need
a receive pre-amp (GaAs FET) and a power amp.

See the FRS web site:
< http://www.flex-radio.com/accessories.htm >

It is designed to be an IF for microwave transverters.

My impression is that it has fewer spurs than 6 Meters
on the SDR-1000.

The display noise floor here without an antenna is
about -130 dBm.

The DEMI spec is-
Receive Noise Figure and gain: 4.0 dB NF maximum,
Unity gain minimum

There are a bunch of -110 dBm spurs between 145.101 and
145.104, and some -80 dBm spurs around 144.584, for example.
(On versions 1.6.1 with Delta 44)

As an impulse, I originally threw it into my SDR-1000
order at Dayton a year ago, thinking that I could play
with some 2 Meter SSB and CW work, and maybe see the
FM repeaters on the panadapter, but I haven't really
used it much yet.

W0VB wrote an excellent piece:
Understanding the SDR-1000 with Transverters
(DEMI 144-28FRS Transverter Option)  By Terry, W0VB  Feb 10, 2005

Also KM0T:
< http://www.flex-radio.com/Expert_Setups/km0t.htm >

Mike - AA8K