Mike King - KM0T wrote:

>Hi all, seems to me I read here a few weeks ago or longer, a method to
>playback 96 kHz recorded waves on systems that dont support it, i.e. a
>laptop...  Or I might be wrong.
>
>Problem is that I recorded on one of my systems at 96 KHz, and trying to
>playback for a demo on my laptop.   It really doesn't like it :) as it only
>supports 48 KHz.
>
>Its either some workaround method, or getting a Presonus Firebox as the
>soundcard.
>
>Oh, one more thing...was there a change to the PowerSDR database format?  It
>seems that for 1.6.2, my MS Access program wont open it.....it complains
>about the file being a non-compatible format and wont open the file.  Any
>help here appreciated.
>
>Thanks all,
>
>73
>
>Mike - KM0T

Hi Mike, I think I was the one who posted that info.  I had the same
problem, recording at home at 96 Khz and trying to playback with the
built in sound system in the laptop.
I tried to reproduce the procedure I used, but the results were
inconclusive.  I was asking for a mod to the program, because I believe
the playback should be possible at any rate supported (audio) regardless
the rate at which the original I+Q was recorded.

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL