I recently built a 3 watt stereo amp from Carl's Electronics
(http://www.electronickits.com).  For $17.95, it's a very good deal.

I put it in a simple metal enclosure and got nice audio, but am still
having some RF issues.  I'm now planning to repackage it in a Hammond
box with bypassing on the I/O and -- I suspect this may be key --
transformer isolation on the inputs.

John
----