I agree with Bill on this both from my understanding of how the sound
hosts work, the drivers work on D44, Presonus, and Lynx (my
understanding is not applicable to others) and better yet, on
observation using my 4 trace oscilloscope making measurements!

Bob
N4HY

Bill Tracey wrote:
> Don't think it will increase latency -- the DttSP code runs on blocks of
> some number of samples.  So if you're running at 96khz instead of 48khz the
> time per block is halved.
>
> True you do have to move 2x the amount of data/unit time but it will not
> have the effect of increasing latency.
>
> Bill (kd5tfd)
>
> At 07:48 PM 8/1/2006, Mike WA8BXN wrote:
>
>> Are your sure it doesn't just produce twice as much data sent to the
>> computer at the same rate, increasing latency?
>>
>> 73 - Mike WA8BXN

Robert W. McGwier, Ph.D.
Center for Communications Research
805 Bunn Drive