Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] namens Pete
Verzonden: di 8-8-2006 2:35
Aan: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Onderwerp: Re: [Flexradio] Crackle on Received Audio...

I tried a couple of experiments this evening based on some of the
suggestions received earlier today:

1) The newer Delta 44 driver from M Audio did not improve the audio
quality.

2) Installing a Matrox PCI display adapter (instead of the on-board
intel display adapter) did not yield any improvement

3) Turning the graphics display off(normally I run in Panadapter mode)
significantly reduced the audio dropouts (if that is the correct
characterization).

4) Minimizing the PowerSDR application to the task bar completely
eliminates the drop outs - audio sounds normal.

4) Setting PowerSDR to realtime priority appears to fix the problem
(even with Panadapter turned on).

This seems to confirm the idea that the audio drop-outs are due to
graphics processing load.  Again, I stress that this is essentially the
same PC I was using before without any problem -- the changes are
limited to the new motherboard that does not have an AGP slot in which I
can install my ATI Radeon graphics card.

This set of tests was done against K6JCA console dated July 29 (svn
567).

Based on Lee's earlier comments and Bob's response, it would appear that
there is still an issue that needs some research.  If I get a chance
while on vacation, I'll check for updates here and on the bug list and
consider filing a bug against this.  Meanwhile...off to jolly old
England -- pip pip!

Pete, N3EVL