I have now implemented 2 (VERY) prototype GUIs running on Linux with DttSP2.

    http://microsat.homelinux.org/dttsp/gsdr
    http://microsat.homelinux.org/dttsp/gbeppe

gsdr implements the look and feel of PowerSDR and gbeppe implements the
look and feel of Beppe's design.

In implementing both I am trying to abstract out the common code into a
library so that the 'skin' designer just has to think about the look and
feel and not all the underlying code necessary to support the interface
to DttSP, and eventually the hardware, and manage state saving and
restore and configuration information.

What I want to get to is that when, for instance, a band is selected the
skin code simply calls a function that will set everthing up correctly,
including handling band stacking.  However, it will be up to the skin
code to decide how to modify the UI to show how it is shown that the
band is selected (or deselected).  Also there will need to be either a
callback or a structure passed back to the GUI so that all the other
displays/buttons related to the band change can be updated (i.e. mode,
filter, etc).

However, it should not be underestimated how much code is required to
implement just the GUI portion of the code, but of course this could be
helped by using a good IDE.

Regards,

John g0orx/n6lyt