I've tried a next step just to see what would happen -- connecting erlang nodes
a dotnet project. The "otp.net" project I found is out of date and so far won't
work,
I can't connect a .net node to a native erlang node. It throws an error trying
to connect:
"rejected since it cannot handle extended pids and ports". The newer versions
just
use higher sid and port numbers, looks easy to fix, but you have to report the
current
java versions of jinterface classes. The amusement factor is going up steadily,
evoking thoughts of a software Rube Goldberg machine.

"A Rube Goldberg machine or device is any exceedingly complex apparatus that
performs a very simple task in a very indirect and convoluted way."