I agree with Tim.  The quality of the speakers and headphones make a big
difference with the SDR-1000.  Heil headphones work well, I just wish I
could find a higher quality set of headphones with a high quality mike.

73 to all.  K9LZJ

Hank Wolfla- More

Kevin,

I am using a pair of Klipsch computer speakers that have the same I/O
arrangement as Dudley's Bose.  These are very nice, easy to listen to
and are 100% RF proof.  You have the best receiver you can buy in the
SDR-1000, don't skimp on the audio transducers.   I think you should be
seeing a trend here where your $9.95 computer speaker are not going to
give you optimal performance matched with the radio, but spending a few
$$$ more and buying from a manufacturer that are leaders in their market
(Altec Lancing, Harmon Kardon, Bose, etc..) is a good buying decision.

For headphones, I use studio quality headphones from AKG, K240s.  Heil
are OK, but there have been numerous reports of quality issues recently.
I'd check www.eham.net to see what people are saying.

-Tim
---
Integrated Technical Services

"Too much of everything is just enough."
-Rob Barlow