As previously stated, I was not able to make operational ANY versions of the
SDR software as a result of a missing DLL and corrupt MDAC (Microsoft Data
Access Components)element. Thanks to the quick response of Eric #1 and Tim
Ellison, I had many paths to follow to attempt a fix. It seems that as I am
running XP Pro w/ SP2 installed, I was not able to install a new copy of the
MDAC. It kept throwing errors indicating that it could not be installed on
the current version of Windows. I went back to my backups and found the DLL
and attempted to copy it into the Win32 folder, but it would not register!

The Solution was to do a REPAIR INSTALL of Windows after a backup (just to
make sure!) This repair install means of course that you need to reinstall
SP1; SP2; and an additional 46 Security and Critical updates. Phew! I now
know why Linux is my primary OS!

I do believe that Tim Ellison hit upon the proper answer to my problem. It
seems that I had been doing some development work in RUBY and Rails and had
installed MS SQL which seems to have trashed or removed the MDAC. Sooo, if
you encounter this error, save yourself some time and just launch into a
"Repair Install" from your original XP disk.

Tom