I've had my SDR-1000 since about April of this year.  It is the only
radio I have online at this time.  I've owned a lot of radios from
different time periods.  1937 thru the present, including things from
broadcast transmitters to new solid state equipment.  Much of this I
still have, and I do plan to get some of my heavy metal rigs back on
the air, however I have nothing that comes close to the SDR-1000, both
in receive and transmit.  Sure, there have been some problems, but
nothing I consider a big pain in the back side.  I have heard of
problems that I've never had, or simply can't duplicate.  Many of
these little issues turn out to be "user" problems, or lack of
understanding on certain functions of the rig.  I've been guilty
several times of the same.

There are still some new features I would like to see, but we will
always think of things we would like to have that we don't.

Bottom line; if I wasn't satisfied with the SDR, or just didn't like
it, I'd sell it and get something else.  I have no plans to put mine
on the market...

Buy one with confidence!  Once you use it, you'll never go back, and I
truly mean that.

Brian - w5ami