Willi,

Thanks for remembering! Linear power supply/voltage regulator is
always a good solution for low noise applications. Unfortunately,
sometimes we cannot use them.

Actually, now I'm using the original "chopper" with better filtering.
You may add 47uF capacitor parallel to C7 and double the values of L2,
L3, C8 and C9. Be careful though, the chopper DC1 (NMA1215S) is very
sensitive to all kind of overloads - even to the higher inrush current
of the output filter capacitors! That's why higher inductance values
will be needed. My suggestions are beyond the recommendations of the
manufacturer and naturally, you violate the guarantee rules of
FlexRadio, too. Anything you modify is totally at your own risk and
responsibility.

It may be my good luck only, that this modification has worked three
years in my oldest SDR-1000 and about two years in the two other sets.
For anybody else I suggest  buying (or building) a quiet power supply
with well filtered output voltages +13.8V and ±15V (±12V).

73, Ahti OH2RZ