And changing the cable seems to have fixed the problem!

I have to admit that the cable that came with it looked to have been
trodden on, so I used one that I'd used with my old SDR1000, and that
works fine.

Another one down to poor cable connections by the look of it.

Now, if I can sort the keyer I'll be a happier bunny!

Dave (G0DJA)