Jim,

The unfortunate fact is that we only have one return line from the PA side
of the hardware to give us information.  When the ATU is tuning, we use that
line to tell us when to stop transmitting.  That same line is the one that
we use to serially pull the power information out of the hardware ADC on our
100W PA.  Note that while the PA cannot read power values while the ATU is
tuning, it will read forward or reverse power during transmit as usual.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems