In AM and SAM  it is DSB with carrier added synchronously  and the level
of carrier can be changed from none to standard AM carrier levels.  As
you adjust the carrier down, the power you took from the carrier is
added to the sidebands.  We are attempting to keep the sum less than
spec for amplifier heating and distortion purposes.

In DSB,  I know what suppressed carrier is and I am supposing RC is
residual carrier.

DSB is not suppressed carrier,  it is "never added carrier".   AM/SAM
with the carrier level control on the transmit tab is reduced carrier.

Bob

David Ackrill wrote:
> FlexRadio - Eric wrote:
>
>> Take a peek at the DSB button to the right of LSB and USB.  ;)
>>

>> Eric Wachsmann
>> FlexRadio Systems
>>

> Thanks Eric,  LOL
>
> However, is that DSBSC or DSBRC and, whichever it is, can you adjust the
> carrier and side band modulation?
>
> The guy asking was suggesting that he would want to set the carrier
> reduction to 33% and increase each side band to 66% modulation.
>
> I had a quick look in the operating manual and the expert set ups, but
> couldn't see anything that said what the DSB set up was set to. :-)
>

> He's not yet come back to messages from Jose and I, so WE still don't
> know why he wants to do this.
>
> Dave (G0DJA)

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.
You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los
Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly
the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.
The only difference is that there is no cat." - Einstein