Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:02:07 -0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Flexradio] (no subject)
To: <FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>

Okay once again I am asking for your help.
I put a call into FlexRadio but have to wait for Eric to return on Monday.
In the meantime, I thought I would utilize the smarts on this reflector.

Setup:
AMD 64x2 w/ 2 gig memory using Windows XP, Delta 44 Snd card,
a USB to SDR cable and keying via the SDR jack.
Software 1.6.3.; 1.6.2 or SVN 701.

Problem: Received an email today from 9 land as well as a postcard from ARRL in
SC (45 mi away).
Both saying my signal is too wide.  I don't know how long this has been an
issue, but might explain why some of the answers to my CQ seemed to be off my
frequency.

Upon listening to another rig, transmitting into dummy, I have two CW signals.
There are twice my sidetone frequency apart  (sidetone of 750hz = 1.5kc apart).
Vary the sidetone frequency and the distance apart changes.
The lower frequency signal (running CWL) has slight latency.
The higher tone does not.  Assume I am transmitting DSB.
The KB FAQ says ... check cables, be sure the TX Image Rejection is set to Zero.

What I have tried ... all making no difference
Re-seating the cables.  Swapping the cables.
Changed then returned to zero the gain and phase in TX Image Rejection setup
page.
Tried using a parallel connection.  Changing audio buffer size.
Changing the Snd card from 96k to 48k.
Popping the top off the rig, removing the stack to inspect the jacks ? look
okay.
Continuity check on stereo plug read same for the IN and the OUT jacks.

Now, if some of this sounds familiar this was also a problem I had in the past,
but it was associated with other issues which were resolved the last time
I shipped the rig back to Flex.

Incidentally using SVN 701, I get a lot of crackling, popping and spurs that
are not there w/ the earlier SVNs.  Did a re-calibration, still there.  Anybody
else notice this.

I still am having the trouble w/ sudden interruption of operation (3+  times
during a QSO) when using the parallel cable ... changed cards ? no joy.  It
happens w/ the USB connection but much less frequently (every couple days).
Played w/ the affinity settings ? no joy.  Happens mostly but not always while
in RX not TX so shouldn't be an RF issue.  The Event Viewer in administrative
tools does not show an error message at that time.  Happens when running Power
SDR alone or with other programs.

Love the RX.

Any suggestions????

Tnx/Crit/K4BXN