John,

If you have a linux server box setup, you could use this to run an SVN
server.  However, you probably do not need it to do what you're trying to do
(integrate your changes with ongoing FlexRadio changes).  This is automatic
behavior that works 90% of the time.  There are those rare cases where both
you and Flex have both modified the same section of code.  This is where you
run into problems (SVN calls them conflicts).  It is relatively easy to work
this sort of thing out provided that it is not a huge block of code on both
sides.

On a side note, I use a local SVN server on a windows box just to track
small internal test projects.  It is invaluable to be able to revert to
previous versions of code easily for comparison.

I would suggest trying to use the Flex SVN server (thanks to Dale, BTW for
hosting) initially and then you can always build on that once you are
familiar with how it works.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems