Greetings Flexers.

I have picked up responsibility for the UCB and will soon have it in
Alpha board stage.  My plan it to have it ready before the end of the
year.  I have made some improvements based on input from the initial
users and simplified it by eliminating the PIC by working with Eric at
Flex-radio.
Here is a summary of the Specifications:

Universal Controller Board

For the

SDR-1000

Philip Theis K3TUF

October 25, 2006

The Universal Controller Board (UCB) is intended to allow users of the
SDR-1000 to control a large multi-band station. This board causes a
relay to activate based on what band is currently active.  Future
versions of PowerSDR may even allow different (relay) output selections
based on the portion of the band as well.

The UCB system connects to the X2 external control connector and has the
ability to expand to four UCB boards for a total of 64 output controls.
In addition to DPDT relay outputs for each selection a DPDT output is
provided for PTT activation.

PowerSDR is programmed to control all aspects of the UCB.

The UCB will be available as a complete kit of parts or as a kit without
relays, or the PCB only.  All construction is thru-hole with no surface
mount components.

Size: 7.0 X 3.6 inches

Power Required: 12 VDC

Inputs: DB-15 from X2

            2.1 mm for DC in

            2 1/8 for PTT input

Outputs: DB-15 for X2 to next UCB

16 - 6 pin .1 inch connector for selected output

6 pin .1 inch connector for PTT output

Please direct  any questions to me via email.  It is my understanding
that the UCB will be discussed during the upcoming Town Meeting this
weekend.
See you there,

Phil K3TUF FN10we