At 08:08 PM 11/2/2006, Larry wrote:
>Bob,
>
>I have also been told of a significant carrier presence during SSB transmit.
>I have been trying to confirm this. I am also using a Delta 44 card.

Unless the design has changed since the original, the sound card
won't make any difference, because of the AC coupling.  You're really
depending on the matching of the 22 uF capacitors, I think.  I would
expect the leakage current to be fairly well matched on the mux.

A simple test.  Try putting a small DC voltage on just I or Q (using
a 10K pot and a battery, for instance) and see if you get more carrier.

>--Larry W8ER

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075