Mike,

Thanks!  I figured there must be at least one station engineer on the list!

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Naruta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:42 PM
To: Jim Lux
Cc: Eric Wachsmann; 'Mark Amos'; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Frequency calibration, measurement of unknowns with
SDR1000Re: Question regarding commercial AM broadcasters' carrieraccuracy

When I was chiefing, I think the AM tolerance was 20 Hertz.
To tweak it, I would have to shut down a transmitter, open
the door, and adjust the trimmer.  They did not like me
taking the station down, or switching to the auxiliary
transmitter, so I just checked frequency occasionally.
We also had quarterly, third party measurements, just to
be sure that we complied.

Let's see, 20 Hertz off at 1000 KHz is 200 Hertz off
at 10 MHz.  You're better off using WWV.  They're
fastidious about frequency.

Mike - AA8K