-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jerry Flanders
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 5:24 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] ICOM microphone for SDR-1000?

I need to check out my new SDR-1000 on phone. I don't operate phone,
so would rather not spend money on a microphone that might never be used
again.

Anybody using an ICOM-compatible mike with the SDR-1000? My ICOM
HM-35 hand mike has the same connector that my SDR-1000 requires. It
is even partially wired the same, because I see the PTT works. I know
I have to provide 8VDC to the mike to get it to work, but I am
wondering if it's output level is usable with the SDR-1000 when I do all
that.

Alternatively, will a cheapie "computer" mike work with the SDR-1000?

Jerry W4UK