Richard,

I don't use Write log, but I will give you the setup for
MixW.  First, set up VCOM for an unused com pair; in my case com 7
and com 8.  Go to setup/DSP/keyer, and set up the secondary keying
from com 8.  Set RTS as PTT and DTR as CW, or vice versa.  Then go to
your third party software and use com 7 as the PTT and CW keying, and
set RTS as PTT and DTR as CW keying.  CAT is on some other com
port.  Don't use CAT PTT as that will interfere with CW keying.  I
also use N1MM Logger, and that needs the K1EL keyer for decent CW
keying and uses a different setup.  MixW will key CW without the K1EL
keyer using the above setup.  I don't know about Write Log...  You
will have to play around with it.  It seems the PTT on the SDR CAT
screen is in lieu of the CAT PTT, and has some latency problems if
you use it with with CW keying on another com port.

73,  Chas W1CG