The high level display code is not the primary problem (though I'm sure it
could be improved).  The issue is that we're using a graphics library (GDI+)
from the .NET library that has ZERO hardware acceleration.  This means that
all vector rendering is done in software instead of utilizing the GPU that
is in 90% of systems that were purchased in the last 3 years.

Eventually we will need to use an accelerated library that utilizes the
hardware to do what we are trying to do.  When we do that, we will chop off
approx. 85% of the CPU ticks due to the display (which is a large portion of
the total).  These are things which I look forward to participating and
enjoying.

This message was brought to you by SDR and open source software.  ;)

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems