Everyone's in agreement here. Here are two ares to have checked by an
electrician with instruments: The building ground may have deteriorated. Most
are steel rods coated with a thin copper plating. The plating may be gone, the
ground may no longer be conductive or the connection is damaged. The second:
Someone may have replaced an outlet and miswired it. An appliance plugged into
it may be sending some current to the ground wire making it  hot especially if
the building ground is defective.
  When we were kids we hooked crystal radios between the guide wires of TV
antennas and the water pipes. The receive coil on one burned up in our hands.
We found that the TV was plugged into the outlet incorrectly causing power to
flow out the antenna making the whole antenna system hot - though the TV worked
fine. Be careful and call an electrician then let us know how it was resolved.
  Jerry