From: Tim Ellison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:24 PM
To: Marzan, Edwin; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] S - Meter Emulation

Edwin,

This thread has been on the reflector before.  The SDR-1000 is reading
the actual signal coming from the antenna.  Once calibrated it is VERY
accurate.

I have an XG-1 and it aligns nicely with my 756 Pro II.

BTW, the previous thread also posed the question of making the S-meter
more like traditional rig - less accurate.  This option was
overwhelmingly vetoed by the Reflector users.  This is one of the things
that separates the SDR from traditional radios - the S meter was done
right!

-Tim
----
Integrated Technical Services