  From: Dudley Hurry<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Ray Andrews<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ; 'Mike'<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
; flexradio@flex-radio.biz<mailto:flexradio@flex-radio.biz> ; FlexRadio -
Eric<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:00 PM
  Subject: Re: [Flexradio] New band freq changes

  Ray and Eric,

  I got the utility loaded (realized that the actual program file only
  installs in the "c:\program files\PowerSDR Data Import
  Utility"  location)  and imported my old database that I had saved to
  a different location,  created a new .mdb by starting PowerSDR.  Then
  copied all but the BandText into the new .mdb..   Now the console
  shows "Out of Band" from 3700 to 3774..

  Any thoughts?

  Thanks,
  Dudley
  WA5QPZ

  At 04:38 PM 12/16/2006, Ray Andrews wrote:
  >Eric,
  >
  >As the author of the database import utility, I must point out that
  >the method you suggest will not work.
  >
  >As written, the utility merely appends records to the destination
  >database that are not already there and changes values in records
  >that are already there.  The program uses the primary key of the
  >table to determine whether a record already exists in the table or
  >not.  It does not replace the destination table and does not delete
  >any records.  If you do what you suggest, you will end up with a
  >BandText table containing both the old allocation records and the
  >new allocation records -- NOT a good situation.
  >
  >Although slightly more involved, the following method WILL
  >work:  Start with a new database and then use the utility to import
  >all of the other tables.  The utility lists all of the tables it
  >finds in the source database, so, after selecting the source (old) &
  >destination (new) databases, all the user has to do is Control-Click
  >on all of the tables except the BandText table and then click on Transfer
Data.

http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/<http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/>