-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gerald Capodieci
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 6:34 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Flexradio] AGC and Other Optomized Receiver Settings

I. M-Audio Software Changes
   1. DMA buffer to 1024
   2. Codec Sample Rate: Uncheck the "Rate Locked" box and the
      "Reset Rate When Idle" box.
   3. Variable Signal Levels: Outputs= -10dBv, Ins1=  +4, Ins2= +4,
       Ins3= -10
  In upper left hand corner of the PowerSDR main screen click the
'Setup" option.
II. Audio Tab PowerSDR Software: Buffer = 1024
III. DSP Tab
V. Options Tab:
  1. NR: Taps = 90, Delay = 20, Gain = 50, Block LMS is
      checked
  2. Buffer Size = 1024, Window = Hanning, Noise Blanker =
      20, Noise Blanker 2 = 14
VI. AGC Changes
      and the Preamp = "Med", Audio ~ 75
  2. Click the Setup tab on the main screen followed by the DSP tab.
  3. Then Click 'AGC/ALC" tab,  set Slope(db) = 3, MaxGain~ 75 (this
      also changes the gain on Main Screen), Attack= 4, Decay = 10,
      Hang= 140, Hang Threshold= all the way to the left.
  VIII. Optional Filter Settings
Suggest below matrix of settings  I suggest an an arbitrary
button-labeling  convention to  indicate its underlying settings. The
first number is the band pass width; the second is the low cutoff.
Example: [ 4  .1 ] has a band pass of 4 KHz and a low cut off of 100 Hz.

1.  On the main screen, lower right, right click any one of the filters
buttons and select "Configure". This brings up a screen that allows the
individual filters to be reconfigured. Adjust the High and the Low
cutoffs, the Width (band pass) on the bottom will
adjust it self. CAUTION: the database can take only  a limited number of
settings at once, perhaps 10. Then it locks showing a memory exception
causing all previous settings to be lost. To prevent the loss, Exit the
software completely periodically to automatically save current work
2. I'm using the following matrix of filter settings:
[4    .3]    [4   .2]    [4    .1]
[3    .3]    [3   .2]    [3    .1]
[2    .3]    [2   .2]    [2    .1]
[1.7 .3]    [VAR]    [1.7 .1]
I start with [3  .2] and select around till I find a best fit. Under
very high noise conditions such as today, 16Dec2006, during a
high sunspot condition [2.  .3] seems to be most readable.