Brian

        Just remembered something. Sound card out and in ports may not be on the
same frequency!  Had this problem years ago when doing SSTV. MMTTY has in
the "MISC" Tab the ability to correct for "TX Offset" in HZ.

        If one operates using AFSK, and monitoring your xmit signal, the AFC in
MMTTY will lock on to your xmit audio freq.  When switching back to
receive, the AFC will take a second or so to lock back the the signal you
want to copy.  Is this what you are observing? Is it the same offset each
time? Can you move the offset be changing the setting in MMTTY?

        I just looked at one of my soundcards a SB-16 (ISA).  It is set for a
calibrated clock of 8002 Hz.  Not the standard 8kHz. I always calibrate and
adjust the soundcards based on WWV. (Software is built into MMTTY).

        Good luck and keep asking --- de Jerry NO2T