Krister and Willy,

I totally agree with your opinions otherwise, but the copy or clone
should always in ALL respects be an improvement over the original
design. That the German copy is not. Obviously the worst mistake Mr.
Dipl.-Ing. H.-J. Kneisner made is that he did not know or understand
that Frank's DttSP is not "public domain".

If we call Mr. Kneisner's clone immoral, much better is not
FlexRadio's decision to pull off the "receive only" and "1W" versions
as well as selling the boards as a set of two, three or four. I
uderstand the inventory burden, but perhaps the prices should be
adjusted accordingly.

BTW, I am using four sets of SDR-1000 as: a) an industrial measurement
device where only TRX board is used, b) a ham band 1W transceiver and
an "RF spectrum analyzer", c) a general coverage HF monitor receiver
and d) the fourth with the 100 W module is going to function as my
desktop ham band transceiver together with my desktop computer. Still
I would need a self contained back-pack radio to replace and conquer
the domains of "rice-boxes".
For a reference, here is the copy of Willi's message:
--
I do not understand Flex-Radio´s move either. There is a large potential for
selling a receiver-only version without 1 W or 100 W PA to radiotic