Answers inline below.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems

[Eric] Yes.  We can emulate several of the Kenwood models such as the
TS-2000.

> Does SDR accept virtual comports such as the microHAM keyer provides.

[Eric] The PowerSDR software has no concept of whether a COM port is virtual
or actual hardware.  We recommend using N8VB's vCOM software (available on
our knowledge base) which allows easy configuration of virtual COM ports
that can talk to each other via software.

> My Yaesu VL 1000 amp, has a internal tuner which I would like continue
> using
> for DXing. 100 watts in for 1kw out (I cut back for FSK/PSK).

[Eric] I'm not familiar with that particular amp.  But you should be able to
figure out fairly quickly whether it will work with our radio by taking a
look at the Ch. 4 in our Operating Manual (also available on our knowledge
base).

> So what issues would I run into???

[Eric] You would likely want to get one of our supported soundcards and
either our USB Adapter or a PCI LPT port to control the radio.  I can't
imagine not being able to at least duplicate if not exceed the automation
that you have presently for digital modes.