To all,

I had been having the occasional audio drop outs ever since replacing my
mobo and beginning to use Outlook (in RCP/HTML mode).

I had played with all of the buffers and was able to get things working
95%.  I contributed the popping to Outlook constantly having to do RPCs
to stay connected.

Well, I wasn't really satisfied with that assumption and I began
digging.  I finally over turned a mossy stone that corrected the
problem.

When the New mobo was installed, the mobo directions indicated that the
two identical double-sided DIMMs (RAM chips) should be installed in the
green slots first before the purple ones.  So I did so. And all worked
OK (or at least I thought so)

I then discovered that my memory configuration reported by the BIOS was
not what I expected.  It was reporting DDR333 single-channel DIMMs
(64-bit data path), when I know I spent $$ for DDR400 memory.

A bit more digging into the "crystal clear" English translated from
Chinese manual, I discovered an exception to the fill all the DIMM green
slots first.  I installed the DIMM chips into a different configuration
and wouldn't you know it, now the BIOS reports a dual-channel DDR400
DIMMs (128-bit data path)

Now all of the popping and audio drops are gone no mater what
application is running.

If you have a popping or audio drop problem, this is one thing to check
out.

-Tim W4TME