I hope you can help me with my purchase decision!
I obtained my licence in 1990 but work and family commitments stopped me
progressing the hobby.
I'm now retired and have decided to purchase my 1st transceiver and the SDR
1000 sounds an attractive option.
I've enjoyed the flexradio posts over the last few weeks with all the
various set-up queries being apparently resolved quickly by the "flexers"
community.
I have a fast computer but would like to hear views on whether I should
purchase the SDR1000 as my first transceiver or whether I should first gain
operating experience with an ICOM, Kenwood or Yaesu unit.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
With kindest regards
Allen
GD7LAV
Isle of Man.