I read with interest how other hams use the SDR1000 for contesting. I find the
SDR1000 very difficult to use in contests or DXing as it lacks an efficient
memory system.
To store a frequency into memory one has to go to pull down menu memory, slide
the mouse to save and click, click again on the OK button. (3 mouse clicks and
3 mouse movements)
To recall a frequency one has to go to pulldown menu memory, slide the mouse to
recall, highlight the specific memorized frequency and click recall. Oh do not
forget to undo the X on "Close on Recall" otherwise you will have to open the
memory menu again. (4 mouse clicks and 4 mouse movements)
This is very inefficient. Most highend transceivers have 5-10 quick memory
channels that can be stored and recalled with a single button.
How do you flexers run contests with the SDR1000?
Am I missing some basic SDR1000 operating skills?

73 Maarten N1DZ