I have lots of outboard audio gear.  Compressor, limiter, mic pre,
eq's, etc.  I use that primarily with my old KW AM transmitter, but
have found that just using the mic preamp and a Heil PR-40 into the
Flex sounds GREAT on AM or SSB.  I'm not even using the built in EQ
and got some very good audio reports on AM just yesterday.  The key is
the transmit bandwidth you use.

John (W5GI); I do think in addition to the 10 band EQ, it would be
very helpful to have an audio limiter built in for AM use.  Is that
possible?  Seems that since the code is there to measure mic level
already, that a soft limiter could be coded with a user definable
threshold in dB units...

73
Brian / w5ami

--
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names
the streets after them. - Bill Vaughan