Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] namens FireBrick
Verzonden: za 3-2-2007 1:34
Aan: FlexRadio List
Onderwerp: [Flexradio] couple of potential owner questions

Forgive me for 'thinking' in a black box mode.
I own a FT1000mp, so I need to differentiate from the black box type rig.

My Dell 3.2 mHz machine has one com port (presently used to control my
antenna rotor).
No printer port (I have a USB printer).

Questions:
1: I would need the USB to Parallel Adapter Y/N

>> YES

Page 7 of manual says this adapter is specially designed to control the
radio via the computer.
USB ON COMPUTER  connects to a parallel type interface on SDR radio Y/N?

>> YES    (take care a 'standard' USB--Printerport adapter does not work)
it seems that the special USB--SDR1000par.type can be critical on USB 5 volts
power

2. On page 2 of manual, It says the ouput is 40W continuous carrier.
I operate a lot of rtty and psk, Is the software programmable/automatice to
reduce the power when operating in these mode.
I prefer and presently use ALC to control my rig and my Yaesu VL1000
transistorized amplifier.

>> No ALC, set output power

 3. On page 15, the diagram and info indicates I need to connect the Keyer
paddles to a serial port on the computer (recommended).
Again, no serial port available.

>> I do not know of a  'standard' USB--RS232 adapter works.

!!>> If you have a free PCI cardslot try to get a PCI--par+rs232 card.

That's 3 questions I am confused about.
Enough for one email

I'm a 45% cw dxer/contester, 45% rtty/digital dxer/contester, 10% phone
dxer.

"Keyboard?  How quaint!" - Scotty