Hi Al,

I put 'suppressed' between '', there is (should be) no suppressed carrier as
the whole signal is

build digitally. There in no use to synthesize a carrier that is not needed.

The IQ signal is needed to get rid of the mirror image signal due to the low IF
of 11 kHz.

Leakage can only be the local oscillator signal, but that is on about 11 kHz
distance

of the SSB signal

(not exactly as the DDS local oscillator makes steps of a few kHz)

It must be possible to hear the difference with a SSB receiver, 11 kHz is 3
times SSB bandwidth.

I hope this explanation is clear enough (I am not a good writer and not a
native speaker,

I do my best, with help from the spell checker)

I have spectrum analyzers, but my SDR1k is in parts at this moment, waiting for
a bigger case.

maybe one other member of this community can make some measurements.

I am very interested to know what is really happening.

groeten Peter
petervn(a)hetnet.nl <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; pa0pvn(a)hetnet.nl
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   ;
pa0pvn(a)gmail.com ; pa0pvn(a)amsat.org .